Dr. Josh Kurutz is the Facility Manager for NMR. Please contact him for all NMR-related questions, concerns, and speculation.
Office: Searle 340F (swipecard access required, so contact in advance if needed); 5735 S. Ellis Ave.; Chicago, IL 60637
Email: jkurutz – at – uchicago.edu
- Started as UChicago Chemistry’s NMR Facility manager in May 2019.
- Running NMR experiments since 1987.
Technical Director for Biomolecular NMR Facility at UChicago
Senior Scientist for NMR at Northwestern University
Community Manager for Agilent Technologies’ NMR online community support resource Spinsights
- Postdoc, University of Chicago Chemistry, with Prof. Ka Yee Lee
- PhD (Biophysics) 1997, University of Wisconsin – Madison, with Prof. Laura Kiessling & Prof. Laura Lerner
- BS (Chemistry) 1989, California Institute of Technology, with Prof. Jack Richards
Research Associate for in vivo NMR spectroscopy and imaging, Huntington Medical Research Institute (Pasadena, CA)
High School Physics Teacher, La Cañada High School (La Cañada, CA)
High School Chemistry Teacher, Caltech Summer Program (Pasadena, CA)
Art supply salesperson, The Art Store (Pasadena, CA)
- American Chemical Society, Chicago Section: https://chicagoacs.org
Chicago Section Chair, 2014
Chicago Section Distinguished Service Awardee, 2019
Chicago Section Historian, 2017-present
Chicago Section Web Committee Chair, 2016-2019
Stieglitz Lecture Committee Chair, 2015-present
- More info: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jkurutz/